Saturday 26 September 2009

Taxonomy of hurtful experiences

Taxonomy of hurtful experiences

1. "Stirling Green" "9/11" (11th Sept) 1997 - POLICE ARREST AND HARASSMENT
"Kelvinbridge" - 1973 - POLICE ARREST AND HARASSMENT
"Loch Glow", "Loch Venachar", "Dollar" - police harassment
Also include arrests for going too slow in original Aixam.

2. Catholics - "Hollandbush Crescent" (1995) and other clashes with Catholics dating back to my school days.

3. Father - numerous hurtful experiences since the 1940's! Beginning with dimly remembered family rows around 1948 and ending in a row in 1996 after which I stopped seeing my relatives.

4. Equally hurtful experiences involving my brother including 2 events when living in Townhill and I have a curtain clash in my mind whenever I see anything from him.

5. "The Manchester Mindquakes" (1983 and 1985) - social disasters with sinister aspects.

6. Train enthusiasts: either "human landmines" or cranks, but some were overgrown small boys and I must refer to crass criminal foolhardiness.

7. Crass criminal foolhardiness in a Liverpool church (fire vandalism at a church, converted to an arts centre, to which I was invited for an event).

8. Women as human landmines. How I caused offence by polite remarks.

9. Other religious fanatics who were human landmines.

10. People who took advantage of me such as the man who stole my chequebook.

11. Children - who persistently assaulted me or stole things.

12. The abiding scars of the 2005 bedroom assault.

Dealing with the guilt I felt after the 1953 school expulsion: and the disgrace: then a repetition of all this whenever I was unemployed. How 2 short spells in mental hospitals have so blackened my reputation that I could never be accepted either for a job or for voluntary work. How I was humiliated by people in charge of voluntary organizations who rammed Christian dogma at me.

The impact of the Disclosure Form affair: and precisely why I take the line that people are being frogmarched into voluntary work and thereby make such a mess of things that they are STEALING JOBS from highly qualified professionals.

Why I feel at war with myself over my model railways since I have been so made fun of for it that I think that I have tarred myself with a very dirty brush by admitting my interest. How the hobby is tainted through and through with crankiness.

David Seagrave, Edinburgh, 26/9/09

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers